81 srx total rebuild

Use this area to post pictures of your current restoration, modification, or collaboration.
Aisblaster

81 srx total rebuild

Post by Aisblaster »

Hello all ,I purchased this one as restored.Well some peoples ideas of restored are most certainly different than mine.This one has 1250 miles on it it and I'm wondering if it was on snow.lol After two years of collecting all Yamaha parts and finding new fasteners the progress is starting.The frame was bead blasted to a spec of SSPC SP-5 and PPG Evolution was applied.This 81 will be done to exact stock specs with all the approved Yamaha updates.Here are a couple of pictures of the pre restoration leading up to the current progress.The rotating assembly was sent to Dave Delaughter,fitted with all Yamaha bearings and balanced to very tight tolerances.The Yamaha Comet was also sent out for balancing.After turning over about a thousand rocks I found six NOS 8m6 pistons and 13 NOS 8m6 rings.
Attachments
IMG_2523.JPG
doing the wheels is a real pain,bead blast complete and razor blade for cutting the masking tape
doing the wheels is a real pain,bead blast complete and razor blade for cutting the masking tape
waiting for cyl from fast then finish up assembly
waiting for cyl from fast then finish up assembly
IMG_2512.JPG
IMG_2511.JPG
IMG_2451.JPG
progress
progress
bead blasted ready for epoxy and paint
bead blasted ready for epoxy and paint
pre restoration
pre restoration
pre restoration