Mixed up powerjects

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
fastcar01

Mixed up powerjects

Post by fastcar01 »

My carbs were gummed up and motor wouldn;t run, so I dissassembled and soaked everything, not realizing there was two seperate sized air/power jets. I saw no marking to indicate which was what and had no pin gages available, so I pretty much guessed. The motor seems to run fine, how big of a deal is it, if these are mized up? Is it slight lack of power of dnagerous to motor?
Vmax540

Re: Mixed up powerjects

Post by Vmax540 »

The Fuel power jet is in the bottom of the float bowl and the Power Air jet is on the outside, top rear of the carb and can not be interchanged.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

If memory serves me, which isn't always likely, I thought there was a differance of a size or two in the PJ size, thought it was on the gas end.. IDK beacuse the PJ system was the second thing I got rid of, right after the oil injection :lol:
You should be alble to look up the jet size for any of this online. I know Yamaha of Port has a Fiche catalog you can view on line
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Damn That Chucks on top of things :P
fastcar01

Post by fastcar01 »

Yes these:

Power Jet/ Power Air Jet L:135 R:130/ L:1.5 R:1.4

How bad would it be if they were mixed up?
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Many things effect that answer. I find most sleds rich for my tastes from the factory. They are however safe for most conditions
Jetting is "correct" for a given temp or alt.. As those things change, so does your jetting requirements. Did you ever notice, if your used to riding, say 30 deg temps, and it suddenly gets cold, real cold, your sled ( or even your car) seams to have more power. Well it does, your normally over rich jetting just came into range.

Sorry I know that doesn't directly answer your question, but I don't use Power jets. Just trying to make a point on jet size vs temp. The only example I can give you is my SRV. At 0 or below I used a 360 main and move the needle for the days temp. At 0- +30 I use a 350. If I grass drag it, in say 60 deg days, I'm at 310 mains. The only thing that has changed is ambiant air temp, but its crisp and clean all the time