Anyone else out for a ride?

It is a major goal for us to please our visitors, and keep them coming back. Please use this area to tell us what you like or don't like, and what you would like to see next on VintageVmax.com! Even if you see a typo, we would like to know!
VectorBoy

Anyone else out for a ride?

Post by VectorBoy »

Did anyone get enough snow to ride? Here in southern Mn. we had a lite dusting and it was enough to test ride. First ride on my 83 Max and she would not idle on the one cyl. so off with the carbs to be cleaned again. Cleaned em and away we went. was that a blast but I forgot how these older max's have no low end power like todays sleds. When the RPMs come up hang on its go time! The only problem is we need more snow- oh well I wont have to aerate the lawn next spring! Anyone esle out for a ride?
My sleds: 2014 Yamaha Viper-1999 Yamaha V-max 500-1996 Yamaha Ovation-1992 Yamaha V-max 4-1973 Yamaha SM292, and room for more!
Undertaker#13

Post by Undertaker#13 »

we got about 2'' inches 8) mine won't come out until it's race time!
vmax-540

Post by vmax-540 »

Nice looking 83,But you think the Vmax is down on low end power you should try the 81 SRX, the Vmax is a rocket compared to the SRX, but once it comes on the pipe, OH HOW SWEET IT IS!!!!
:lol: :lol:
JEFFERY M FOURNIER

SLEDS
83 VMAX 540
81 SRX 440