Winter is over??? Where???

It is a major goal for us to please our visitors, and keep them coming back. Please use this area to tell us what you like or don't like, and what you would like to see next on VintageVmax.com! Even if you see a typo, we would like to know!
Joe

Winter is over??? Where???

Post by Joe »

When you say that you are afraid winter is over, you need to specify where it is over.

The Washington Cascades do not reach peak snow pack until about the first of April.

tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

well you guys are lucky you might be the only place in the us that still has good snow... we are certainly done here in PA
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
Joe

Post by Joe »

Yesterday was particulary nasty on the pass. It was 'chains required' all day. They only changed the chain up and chain off areas. Two of my associates had to drive over the pass and they reported visibility was down to about 100 feet and traffic was moving about 25 MPH for about 30 miles. The snow was sticking to the headlights and they were really happy that they got off the hill at twilight.

It has snowed about a half dozen times here at sea level, but none of it stuck around for more than about 5 minutes. My associate that went snowmobiling yesterday did not like the new area he tried. He said the snow was too soft and too deep for his 700 RMK with the 136 x 1.5 inch track. He needed more track so he could go more places.

I backed out on the trip because of tax pressures, a personal health issue and the winter storm warnings. I believe I made the right decision considering what he told me about his experience.

According to
http://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/interactive/ ... &y=47.2745
the snow depth went from 69 to 98 inches this week.