AAEN EXHAUST TEMP GAUGE 3:16

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
YAMMIEGOD 3:16

AAEN EXHAUST TEMP GAUGE 3:16

Post by YAMMIEGOD 3:16 »

HAD A GUY GIVE ME A AAEN PERFORMANCE EXHAUST TEMP GAUGE. THESE WERE VERY POPULAR ON THE 540 VMAX BACK IN THE DAY. ANYBODY HERE HAvE A SET OF PROBES FOR THIS GAUGE. CONTACT ME HERE. 3:16 (yammie tony)
Bob Vehring

Re: AAEN EXHAUST TEMP GAUGE 3:16

Post by Bob Vehring »

Tony, without pic, I'm not sure what you have. Most gauges from "back then" were really made by Westech. Most I had of that style used a simple male/female push together conector. Both the gauge and the sensor had a male on one wire and female on the other to keep polarity correct.
Nowdays most gauges use industrial K type couplers, these have a rectangler plastic housing, about 1 in x 3/4 in, usually yellow in color but I have seen orange and brown. The male has to tabs sticking out, one slightly wider then the other, the female has two slots the tabs fit in. On these, once you cut away some of the braided steel outer covering on the wire, which is therr to protect from heat, there are simply two small wires that attach to the couplers with screws.
I comonly shorten these for a neater fit and get rid of the extra cable. Extention cables are also avalable for these if you need more lenght.
Btw, I do see a readable differance with the open tip/fast responce type probes over the standard ones

Check here http://www.aim-sportline.com/download/d ... ng_103.pdf
Look around on that site, all kinds of good stuff
Bob