prices on vintage sleds!

It is a major goal for us to please our visitors, and keep them coming back. Please use this area to tell us what you like or don't like, and what you would like to see next on VintageVmax.com! Even if you see a typo, we would like to know!
Undertaker#13

prices on vintage sleds!

Post by Undertaker#13 »

Man the prices on vintage sleds is going NUT'S!! :? :?
MAPEX

Post by MAPEX »

Seriously, I went to look at an 87 VMAX which was in probably a 6 condition on the 1-10 scale and only had enough parts to run and move, so it was missing some things (air box, windshield, original skis, etc...) and the price tag was $1450...I figured I'd take a look anyway b/c from the pictures it looked like it could turn into something pretty nice, and apparently I wasn't the only one interested and it sold before I could get there to see it, and for full price!!! I don't know about you guys but for a sled in that kind of condition I was surprised by the asking price and especially for the sale price...
Sleds:
2007 Yamaha Apex RTX
2 - 1981 Yamaha SRX 440's
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

Prices all depend on what someone is willing to pay. Location, time of the year, availability or perceived rareness (81 SRX) and condition all play a role. Condition is something that IMO sellers way way over estimate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
Undertaker#13

Post by Undertaker#13 »

That's why I'm trying to keep my 1984 Original VMAX in MINT shape :wink: What will it be worth in 10 years :?: :shock: :shock: :shock:
opsled

Re: prices on vintage sleds!

Post by opsled »

Undertaker#13 wrote:Man the prices on vintage sleds is going NUT'S!! :? :?

It's called "Popularity", nothing new, not even to vintage sleds.

Bottom line is, "if it's popular it will demand a higher price to aquire. If the same (popular item) is in short supply, hold onto your shorts$$$$$

If you demand inexpensive, be unpopular.

opsled
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

:) "If you demand inexpensive, be unpopular. " :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
Undertaker#13

Post by Undertaker#13 »

The day I sell MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE my 84 VMAX I'll have to travel to yammie country :lol: I live in cat country :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Arctic cat, Polar- Pig, Ski- Doo!!!