86 snowflap in "your vmax" section

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
Vmxhunter

86 snowflap in "your vmax" section

Post by Vmxhunter »

I just looked at the new photos of the 86 & 87 vmax's that George has (sweet looking BTW!!!). I'm wondering one thing. I noticed that the "YAMAHA" lettering on the 86 snowflap is gold in color. Not white. Is that stock? Were they like that new? Was that a custom touch? Or is that just they way it looked in the photo?

Just wondering...
velocity

Re: 86 snowflap in "your vmax" section

Post by velocity »

Vmxhunter wrote:I just looked at the new photos of the 86 & 87 vmax's that George has (sweet looking BTW!!!). I'm wondering one thing. I noticed that the "YAMAHA" lettering on the 86 snowflap is gold in color. Not white. Is that stock? Were they like that new? Was that a custom touch? Or is that just they way it looked in the photo?

Just wondering...
The snowflaps on the V-Max's came in black. That was purely a custom touch. If you look at the strut covers on my 86 you will see that I did the same thing. I always thought that Yamaha missed out on the subtle details that would have enhanced the look of that sled.

George
Vmxhunter

Post by Vmxhunter »

Oh, OK. Thanks. Just wondering. You don't normaly see to many photos of the backs of these sleds. And around here. I think I only seen one other vmax from this era. And it was a 1985.

Thanks for the info!!!
91 Vmax sled

Outline Paint

Post by 91 Vmax sled »

This is the way the 87 to 91 came up here in Canada. My 90 has the Gold trim around the logo while my 87 was Silver around it. Again this is the way they came New. Same with on the strut area.
Keep on Sledding, Mild to Wild