1983 V-Max

Use this area to post pictures of your current restoration, modification, or collaboration.
stv1991

1983 V-Max

Post by stv1991 »

This is my '83 V-Max 540. It's a work in motion. Not done yet but getting better every few months.

Robb

tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

wow that looks like a really good place to start!!! as a matter of fact if you told me you just finished it i would believe you... what to you plan on doing? widening?
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
stv1991

Post by stv1991 »

My plan is to completely go through this sled. I have already gone through the rear skid. I replaced all 13 bearings and ordered/replaced any worn out parts with new Yamaha parts. They were not cheap. Then I have gone through the front end. Took out all the TSS bushings and greased them up and replaced all new tie rod ends and shim kit. I also replaced the primary clutch. My bellypan has dents but I have a used pan that is perfectly straight. I also have an extra set of narrow skiis. I'm going to powdercoat the skiis and bellypan and then replace. I will also take out the motor and replace the crank seals and check the remaining bearings and lastly ceramic coat the exhaust. I plan on bringing it right up to or very close to show winning condition. It's a nice piece to start with as it only has 1300 miles on it.

Robb
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

Robb, nice to see some of the old ones being taken care of !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

That is another sweet 83 what is the chassis # on that one?