new pics

Use this area to post pictures of your current restoration, modification, or collaboration.
agfirecat

new pics

Post by agfirecat »

had bothof the sleds out today finally got the srx fixed and put back together had some parts made for my driveshaft at the local machine shop.and she's back in bussiness.

agfirecat

a couple more

Post by agfirecat »

heres a couple more

Last edited by agfirecat on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

Cool set of sleds ! 7000RPM Wow...........Maybe some decals are in store for the 81 ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
chrisrider63

engine specs??

Post by chrisrider63 »

Hey I was wondering if theres anything you did to the SRX to make it not blow up...I have one with a v-max crank in it and im putting it back together.
vmax-540

Post by vmax-540 »

The 81 SRX had a bad wrap about blowing up !! They weren't as bad as people make them out to be . All you have to do is just pay close attention to the jetting ,when they are rich the are way rich and when they are lean they can be to lean . Just run a good grade of gas and keep the carbs jetted for the temp and you will do OK.
JEFFERY M FOURNIER

SLEDS
83 VMAX 540
81 SRX 440
agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

mine was pretty much jetted properly when i got it but i did replace the old jets and pilots with new ones. made sure the crankseals were good , i dont ride the 440 unless its cold out below 30 degrees and it runs really good keep an eye on the plugs 93 octane gas and it hauls ass. ill never regret buying that sled. got the graphics done ill post up pics as soon as i can.later
agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

here is a recent picture of my srx with the graphics installed.

2quick4u

Post by 2quick4u »

Looks so much nicer with the graphics! I love those sleds.
vmax-540

Post by vmax-540 »

Hay agfirecat great looking sleds , were you at the Great Eastern White out a couple weeks back ,I saw two sleds just like yours there . I was there with my 81 SRX but I left my 83 Vmax at home ,if it was you I wish we could have shoot the breeze for a little while. Again your sleds look great !! Jeff..
JEFFERY M FOURNIER

SLEDS
83 VMAX 540
81 SRX 440
agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

jeff those were mine got their a little late but i was glad i got to bring them . got lots of compliments.on them. between checking out other sleds and watching the ovals i wasnt around my sleds too much.i did see yours with tony's sled out front i took some pics of it.honestley when i first joined this site and saw your restoration pics. i had to have one. iworked on that sled all summer. i have to thank you and everyone on this site for for info and tips that helped to get this sled done.(beerchug)
agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

water pump seal replaced and the 81 is up and running again.

chrisrider63

re. 440

Post by chrisrider63 »

is that the original skid on the 440?? It looks nice or higher like the v-max one sits...
agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

it has a phazer suspension with fox shocks .
chrisrider63

re:

Post by chrisrider63 »

Does the phazer suspension have a bigger travel?? Im wondering if I could just put a v-max suspension it mine without making new holes in the tunnel. I love the pic i have it as my screen saver, if thats ok. lol.
agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

id say the ride hieght is very close to my vmax and it rides pretty nice. iwas gonna put a vmax skid in it that i had but it was pretty whooped and i would of had to rebuild the whole thing so i put it away for parts.im not sure if it would bolted right in .the phazer skid is way lighter also wich keeps the weight down.