old questions revisited: carbs and pipes

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
srxvmax50

old questions revisited: carbs and pipes

Post by srxvmax50 »

Has anyone out there experimented with flatslides on the 535 vmax? If so please share your experience. I'd like to know from what donor machine did the carbs come from? How'd you rack em in there for the vmax? Calibration: needles, nozzles, jets etc? And is it all worth it? Question two: who if anyone, has tried aftermarket silencers configured onto the stock pipes. I want to reduce weight and still maintain hp and reliability, thats all. So here I am out trying to find a little more zipp, just like always. Thanks everyone. MJD.
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

MJD, I bought a set of Vmax600 flatslides that were re-racked for the 540 from user name Franklin. If, I remember correctly..........They were to 600 jetting specifications and he said they worked well unfortunly I sold them without using to a guy for a Phazer II. I can't imagine any downsides to the Flatslides except the trouble to make them fit. You would need the throttle lever setup from a Vmax 5/600. There has to be a lighter silencer out there somewhere that would work ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson