Thermostat or No ? Ask Tyler........ !

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
Vmax540

Thermostat or No ? Ask Tyler........ !

Post by Vmax540 »

Ask, Tyler what can happen when you run a 20+ year old Thermostat ! ! ! I have run my 86 for 10 years with just the Thermostat housing&gasket with no valve . I simply give it more time to warm up before ripping it up ! Oh yea....... B.T.W. the temperature gauges do work when the temperature gets up around........ lets say....... 200 plus degress F ! :shock: !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
Undertaker#13

Thermostat

Post by Undertaker#13 »

:shock: I've raced mine for 17 years with No Thermostat and have never had a problem! :P They can't stop MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE #13
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

yes luckily i realized the stuck thermostat just in time and was able to bring it home on the trailer... gut your thermostats, mine almost caused me a complete mess.... it amazing how fast the temp. can rise when there is no water flowing through the motor
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
Donnie

Post by Donnie »

I am pretty sure that a thermostat was what caused my engine to melt down too. Except my temp gauge didn't even go up before the engine was toast.

Donnie
Donald L. Gilbert, Jr.
1983 Yamaha Vmax
1986 Yamaha Vmax