SRX 440 Project Continued

Use this area to post pictures of your current restoration, modification, or collaboration.
vmax-540

SRX 440 Project Continued

Post by vmax-540 »

Here are some more pictures of the project.Image
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

That sled needs alot of work so, just drop it off at my garage and I'll keep it until.......... :D Nice work !

----- Original Message -----
To: SRXfromHELL @ TY Forums
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 9:08 AM
Subject: clutch

Hey there Kevin,

I have no clutches at this time ! I have
a partial (unfinished) list of my parts if you want !

Sorry
Chuck

Check these out ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-82-Y ... 2643QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Yamaha-Come ... 0032733954
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Post by Guest »

that sled is absolutly beautiful i had to change my drawers after i saw it! thats the sled that did it for me. i just got my hands on a very nice 83 not much to restore but im gonna try and find a 81 to restore very nice job!
agfirecat

81 project

Post by agfirecat »

vmax what was the time frame on that project assembly? did you have everything cleaned and painted and then you just assembled it.it looks like every nut /bolt /spring/rivit on that thing is brand new. what did you strip the painton the tunnel with and what did you useto clean the aluminum with.it came out very nice.alsowhat kind of black paint did you use on the belly and other parts? sorry for all the ? im just trying to get some good direction to go in im doing an 83. thanks[Andy]
vmax-540

Post by vmax-540 »

agfirecat: You are right all the nuts and bolts and springs are all new. The stripper that I used is called Aircraft remover, you can get it at any auto parts store, and Wal-mart also carries it. I used Mothers mag wheel and aluminum polish, that to you can get at the same places. You want to use aluminum primmer on all aluminum parts, you can get that at the auto parts stores.The paint that I used is PPG brand # MTK 9300 that is gloss paint for the side panel and the hood, and semi gloss for the belly pan , I can't find the part # for the semi gloss, you will have to check the auto parts stores in your area ,it is automotive paint ,you will need the paint, reducer, and the hardener. Every bearing and seal has also been replaced with all factory parts . I bought the sled in February, drove it a little over the winter , and started the restoration in April and I put it back together in September. Yes all the parts were ready to be put back together first ,and assembled all at once . After those pictures were taken I have finished putting all the rest of the decals on . When I did my 83 vmax (that was a basket case) it took me 2 Years, so this one was a peace of cake. If there is anything that I can help you with please let me know. I hope you enjoy doing your sled as much as I did my two, your sled looks like it is pretty good shape to start with, that makes a BIG difference. :D
JEFFERY M FOURNIER

SLEDS
83 VMAX 540
81 SRX 440
agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

jeff when you polished your tunnel were you able to get all the white spots off? did you use a buffer or did you do it by hand. and what does the aluminum primer do?
thanks.