1983 VMAX 540 3:16

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
YAMMIEGOD 3:16

1983 VMAX 540 3:16

Post by YAMMIEGOD 3:16 »

HOPE TO SOON ADD ONE TO MY COLLECTION. HOPE TO USE THIS GREAT SITE. 3:16 (yammie tony)
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

Tony, Keep us up to date on the progress !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
opsled

Post by opsled »

Hey Tony, Glad to see ya here. Boy for an old guy you really get around. (LOL)

Even though there are only 2 cylinders these old Vmax's are cool too and I'm sure one would do well in your fleet. Do you have a favorite year?

opsled

HOW ARE YA PHIL. MY FAVORITE YEAR IS THE 83 (first year ). ALSO THANK YOU FOR THOSE WORDS. ANY HELP I CAN GIVE YA WITH CLUTCH SET-UPS FOR YOUR VMAX 4, JUST ASK AWAY. YOU EVER SELL THOSE PORTED UPDATE VMAX CYLINDERS. 3:16 (yammie tony)
opsled

Post by opsled »

YAMMIEGOD 3:16 wrote:HOW ARE YA PHIL. MY FAVORITE YEAR IS THE 83 (first year ). ALSO THANK YOU FOR THOSE WORDS. ANY HELP I CAN GIVE YA WITH CLUTCH SET-UPS FOR YOUR VMAX 4, JUST ASK AWAY. YOU EVER SELL THOSE PORTED UPDATE VMAX CYLINDERS. 3:16 (yammie tony)
Hey Tony, I could be better but I'm keeping the wolves off the door so I won't complain. I hope your doings as good or better.
I like the 83 too and had a near perfect one with 1100 miles on it a few years ago. I gave it to my son for Christmas and he ended up selling it for $900 to buy band equipment (kids?). That was about 5 years ago and he is now kicking himself in the @$$ for doing it so I don't have to. Wish I had it back today. My favorite year is the 84. I think it's because I bought a new SRV in 84 and wanted the Vmax but just didn't have the extra $ at the time.

Those cylinders are long gone and are now in Sweden in the hands of a guy named Micke Walivaara. Nice guy who also has an 82SRX.

As far as the kind words goes, I would just say that I see it as nothing more than an simple "observation of FACT!!" I get a little tired of those that just want to start trouble with B.S. posts and won't back up their comments with anything that is usable by anyone else. They want to tell people how they are wrong and how good their stuff is but when they are called out they are unwilling to help and what they know is always "top secret". I say B.S. to those antics and if they won't back up their comments they should just shut the F up. You always seem to be the first to help out a newbe with setup, tips, tech, etc and you only do it with things you know and it shows. Others have to throw words into every subject even though it is clear that they sometimes don't have a clue. These guys have ego problems with whatever they seem to be lacking in knowledge and can't stand the fact that someone else may know more. As far as I'm concerned it's their problem and I just tried to call them on it without ruffling any feathers. If some of them would post their setups and let guys like you try them you might change your mind if they prooved to be better. However if they were prooved to be bad setups they would have to eat some crow and guys like them have weak stomachs when it comes to crow so they will not take the chance of being "outdone". I wonder how many of these guys are secretly running your setups or some tweaked form of them in their sled but just can't admit it. I'll bet there are more than a few. I don't see anyone else being praised for the help that they gave to someone on stuff like this and I think that fact burns a few also. You don't need my help to get respect, you allready have it and it was earned. Those that are offended by it need to grow up. It's that simple.

Thanks Tony and Good Luck finding your 83,

Phil (opsled)

PS. When I get to clutching my 92 you will hear from me. This is what I have to deal with so if you have any ideas other than what you have posted at Vmax-4 let me know. It is bone stock completely rebuilt 92 except for the Bender twins, 143.8 (Phazer) mains, and 240 carbide trail studs. I still have the 50 pilots and it is a little fat but I want to be safe. I know I could drop the jetting some and it seems to be fattest at WOT. Idle and off idle response is very good but again a little on the fat side. I use it mostly for trail riding and river running. I don't drag race it but will do some 1000' radar runs on occasion. She's true, smooth and free as far as the drivetrain is concerned. I can put the key in my pocket, grab the bars and push it on the hardpack with ease. Guys watch me do it and can't believe what they are seeing. As you and others have said there is HP to be found everywhere and those that do it right find it all.
Last edited by opsled on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ITS JUST TIME TO TAKE A LONG BREAK FROM THE SITE. YA KNOW, I REMEMBER WHEN RACER 7 x STARTED IT. HE CALLED ME ON THE PHONE AND ASKED ME FOR HELP WITH TECH STUFF. ONE THING PHIL. GOD,S TRUTH HERE. I NEVER MADE ONE PENNY ON ANY OF THOSE SET-UPS. IT WAS HERE '' RUN THIS '' RIGHT OFF MY HEAD. ALL STUFF I TRYED. THING I COULD NEVER FIGURE WAS NOBODY EVER PUT A SET-UP ON THERE EXCEPT ONE GUY WHO RAN HEEL CLICKERS. WELL ANYWAYS. ANY HELP I CAN GIVE YA. ONE THING I AM SHURE YA KNOW, AFTERMARKERT TWINS WERE PRETTY CLOSE TO THE STOCK 800 PIPES. SO SHURE THERE IS SOME HP THERE ON THE 750. ANYWAYS THIS 83 VMAX IS A GOOD SLED. NOT 100 PERCENT PERFECT, BUT VERY SHOWABLE AT VINTAGE SHOWS. I ALWAYS WANTED ONE. THANKS BUD. 3:16 (yammie tony)
Ike

Post by Ike »

Hey Tony and Phil!

Seems like you two always find your way to the same place with me LOL

Any luck finding 83 yet Tony?

Our 84 haven´t seen snow yet on this winter. Too busy at work + Samueljackson too busy woth his Exciter.

And Tony I can not thank you enough for your effort posting setups for the Vmax-4. Helped me alot (remember the speedrun at Muhos LOL)

Ike