81 srx

Use this area to post pictures of your current restoration, modification, or collaboration.
agfirecat

81 srx

Post by agfirecat »

after 8 months of working on the 83 that i found i was looking thru are local swapsheet i came upon this 81 srx so if anyone has srx parts let me know.gonna need a stock seat.and suspension.track

Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

Andy,
Gotta, love some of the colors people painted the old sleds. A good upholsterer can do wonders for the old seats. Keep us updated with pictures !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

well ive gone thru the 81 and cleaned some of the crud out of it .mag cyl only had 40 psi so i took the top end off the o rings were shot and it had home made base gaskets in it :shock: and lots of rtv sealercleaned it all up new orings and base gaskets and now i have good compression 120 on both . this weekend ill fire it up any thoughts on what to mix my fuel at i wanna be sure the pump works before i go with straight gas? also this motor has had surgery before on the head above the carbs these areas were welded and on the crankase on the clutch side. i circled those in one of the pics anyone ever see this before?

Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

"lots of rtv sealer"........ Oh Boy....... :( Do you mean the actual head was welded ? I would be concerned with warpage ? B.T.W. I have heads ! Good luck on the start up, just watch for leaking antifreeze around the head.
agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

head didnt leak at all today tookit it out an ran it maybe 50 miles brought it home re checked the torque took it back out good no problems who ever had before me had it dialed but either couldnt get a gasket set or didnt have the dinaro or didnt want to wait.this week ill ad some stright gas to the premix lines are full its smokin like a b!@#$ im sure it will probably run better not being so rich. i put yamalube 2r in it just to make sure it was getin lube on start up i know the pumps working theirs alot of smoke anyone know what the screw on top of the carb is they were way dif.left side was totaly screwed in . the other was 1.5 out is that the air screw wich should be 1.75 out imade them both the same it ran better . idont have a book on the 81 so im just looking for help. thanks
agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

got some more pics of the 81 was able to put on about 50 miles today before it started rainin.got the 83 runin last night will have that out with pics next weekend :twisted:

agfirecat

new paint

Post by agfirecat »

just repainted my hood & side panels the hood came out really nice w/ 4 coats of urethane its like a mirror finish. found a seat now i need graphics and stock trackand it will be mint. hope i can finnish it to take to the vintage show in boonville ny aug 2nd

Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

Nice work...... hope to see it someday !
agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

more pics of the progress its gettin their slowly. redid my seat found the correct vynle with the right grain and used my old one as a pattern. it came out really nice. if anyone needs one let me know