1981 SRX for sale with parts sled

Use this area to buy and sell your vintage sleds and parts!
MAPEX

1981 SRX for sale with parts sled

Post by MAPEX »

After 2 seasons of not getting the sled out I've decided to part with it. It's an 81 SRX 440 that I went through and replaced all necessary parts to make it a good runner. It's not a show winner but is complete and would be a great start for a full resto. I ran the sled in 2 vintage rides in NYS in 2012 but haven't ran it since other than a few warm starts in the garage.

I'm also going to include a nearly complete parts sled that I completely tore down so it is in bins. Nearly all parts are there minus a few electronics. I also have a NOS head and extra seat foam in great condition as well as an extra hood in decent shape. I'm going to try and get pictures up of the sled tomorrow but am looking to get $1000 for the lot but am open to offers, Thanks
Mike
Palanza27@gmail is the best way to get ahold of me. I'm in the Albany area of NY.
Last edited by MAPEX on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleds:
2007 Yamaha Apex RTX
2 - 1981 Yamaha SRX 440's
Vmax540

Re: 1981 SRX for sale with parts sled

Post by Vmax540 »

Sorry, to see you lost interest although it sounds like this would be a great start for someone that has some time on their hands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
MAPEX

Post by MAPEX »

Yea I agree, I still love the sled and the project but just thinking realistically I'm not going to have any time to play with it in the near future so I figured it would help somoneone out looking to either get into the SRX's or add to their collection. The Sled is all ready just needs fine tuning to be a rider or combine it all and make a killer Resto with plenty of spare parts.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Sleds:
2007 Yamaha Apex RTX
MAPEX

Post by MAPEX »

The sled and all parts have been SOLD, only remaining part available is a clean and straight crank from an 81. If in treated let me know, I'm looking to get it gone so I can work with you on price if really interested. thanks

Mike,

If interested please email me with 81 Crank as email title so I know its not a scam.
Sleds:
2007 Yamaha Apex RTX