2 1981 SRX Hoods and 2 1981 SRX Motors,Carbs

Use this area to buy and sell your vintage sleds and parts!
tommyb

2 1981 SRX Hoods and 2 1981 SRX Motors,Carbs

Post by tommyb »

I have 2 1981 SRX hoods that have been restored and painted black one has no decals and the other has the 5 warning and caution decals in place behind the windshield area. I have the 93 octane decal the large Attention Decal and 2 large gray YAMAHA decal NOS if anyone is interested separately. Both have the aluminum radiator shroud riveted in place the rest of the decals and headlights etc are not there although I probably still have these just not accessible to me this time of year in cold storage.$100 for each hood decals negotiable.

I also have 2 motors, they are both complete except for the clutch and carburetors. One has the cylinders,pistons and head removed, I inherited it in this condition from a guy in NY with a sled that was in pieces. He told me it ran before he took it apart but I have no way of verifying that. The pistons are original 8M6 parts but the rings have some rust from storage, I have a set of aftermarket pistons to put in if desired. There is no serial number stamped on this block.$100 + $50 for the pair of new pistons

The other motor is together and turns over, but again I got it off a parts sled that was not worth restoring it is stamped 437002245 but does not look like the stamping on my original 1981 SRX.$100

I also have a pair of butterfly carbs for the 81 I was going to go through them and keep them as spares but stripped out the pilot jet slot when trying to remove it they probably need to be soaked prior to disassembly.$50

Let me know what you might be interested in and I can send pictures.
tommyb

Re: 2 1981 SRX Hoods and 2 1981 SRX Motors,Carbs

Post by tommyb »

I would really rather not ship the motors or hoods due to size and weight, if anyone is going to be in Waconia,MN at the Vintage show, I will be there. I live in the Minneapolis suburbs.

Tom
oldschoolcool

Post by oldschoolcool »

Hi Tom, I am looking for a couple pistons for the '81 srx 440. I also live in the Minneapolis area. Can you give me a call @ 612-940-0598. Thanks.
Yam429

Post by Yam429 »

Could you send me a pic of the hood with the warning labels intact? Also I might be interested in the Yamaha hood logo. Are these the original color & correct size? Thanks, Reed