Can anyone help...

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
Vmax540

Can anyone help...

Post by Vmax540 »

Can anyone help out this guy ?

i just wanted to pick your brain a bit. my main problem is getting a correct exhaust and expansion chamber correct. I HAVING TO MAKE A FEW BENDS AND TURNS TO GE THINGS TO LINR UP RIGHT. just not sure how it will hurt the finnal. im really tryin to pick someones ming fot mr ot somrone. buttom line is im neendingto find someome who can builf me or seend me in thr right dirction so i cav get my 540 beast breathing right, if you and help in anyway pls help me out.thank you JIMMY PARKER FRO, EAST TEXAS
Jimmy Parker <jimmyparker74@gmail.com>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
Bob Vehring

Re: Can anyone help...

Post by Bob Vehring »

Pipes, more precisely, correct pipes are a function of the entire engine design and they determine the engine RPM range that a given engine will make power in. They also dictate how broad of a range it will make that power. Some pipes make less power over a broader range, others make more at peak.
Once a pipe is designed, how it is constructed to fit with in a chassis is not a big deal as long as the design and volume of EACh of the different stages are maintained. Look at some of the 2 cy dirt bike pipes and what had to be done to get them to fit on a bike.

If your looking at doing some changes your self, it only takes minor changes to a pipe to drastically alter how it was originally made to work. Most changes to a pipe will require changes in at least clutching and jetting to keep things safe and faster. Much testing or a dyno is really the only way to achieve that
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

do you have experience building 2 stroke pipes bob? i have oven wondered if you could "straighten" a pipe out and still have it perform the name as long as the diameter at any given length from the piston was the same? or do the bends also affect the powerband?
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Tyler, no, but I have read alot of books LOL, actually my friend who is building the 600 VM project and builds Regans race engine does build custom race pipes for many of the racers.
The pulse wave is what were looking at here and it simply is a pulse wave, no mass to it. The bends don't have much if any effect, again look at race pipes on a dirt dike, bends and angles everywhere just to get it to fit.. What the pulse "sees" is the angles of the cones and the distance between the various parts of the pipe and then the overall restriction of the stinger and/or muffler. as a basic, the angle of both cones will determine how wide the engine makes power, the spacer between the cones help set the rpm range it makes power at.
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

aqaaaaa 2 stroke pipes hurt my brain... 4 stroke pipes are hard enough haha

i have read some about pulse waves and such.... but i dont have the tools or skill to actually make anything to try... luckily i also dont have any reason to..... yet haha
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com