Brake light issue

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
Donnie

Brake light issue

Post by Donnie »

With the help of Chuck, I got my fuel valves, which were a pain to install, and I now have the oil mixing in with the gas just before the fuel pumps. I am seeing some air bibbles, but I think that is due to the tank being low on gas.

I did find the connector for the tail light and got that back together, which now gave me a tial light, but the brake light won't work. When I squeeze the brake, I don't get the rear brake light nor the oil level light on the tach. I didn't dig too deep yet, but I am looking for suggestions to isolate the issue before I dig at all.

Thanks

Donnie
Donald L. Gilbert, Jr.
1983 Yamaha Vmax
1986 Yamaha Vmax
Phil Peterson (opsled)

No brake light.

Post by Phil Peterson (opsled) »

Hi Don, Check the bulbs it' possible they are both burned out. If not check for power when its running at the brake light switch. The green is the power feed from the lighting coil (which taps into blue inside the harness) and the green/ yellow goes to the lights. The dash light goes throught the oil level sensor first but the brake light is fed right from the switch. If you are getting power on the green wire at the switch put a jumper wire between it and the green/yellow and if you get lights you have a bad switch. It could also be a loose conection.
Good Luck, Phil