81 srx, 500' gear set up

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
Slow pro

81 srx, 500' gear set up

Post by Slow pro »

Dos any one know a good gear setup for a 81 srx for 500 feet ice drag I only have a 31 one tooth lower gear. did Yamaha make any deferent lower gears for the 81 srx ? I have lots of top gears thanks ken .
YAMMIEGOD 3:16

Re: 81 srx, 500' gear set up

Post by YAMMIEGOD 3:16 »

gee, ken i have no idea. JUST LIKE I BEEN TELLING YA FOR 5 YEARS TO RUN AT 9250. lol. 3:16 (YAMMIE TONY)
Last edited by YAMMIEGOD 3:16 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
opsled

Re: 81 srx, 500' gear set up

Post by opsled »

I can't tell ya what to run for 500 ft but I think it's safe to say you should be near what the 439 SRX's ran but deeper to make up for the larger drivers and added weight. You can run the overdrive primary/secondary off an Exciter II or Vmax for a deeper initial launch too. Much will depend on what you do to the sled weight wise (they can get real skinny) and how stock the engine is. They like to rev and can be built to run with the best of them.

They did make a bunch of different gears for the bottom but they aren't easy to find because of the larger spline on the aluminum shaft. If you run a Vmax driver all the tripple wide roller gears will work. They can be had much easier.

Here's a pic of the driver I built to drive 4 wide on a Camo speed track. Lets the track run a little looser without ratcheting. As pictured it's over 2 lbs lighter than a Vmax shaft.

opsled