WANTED: AAEN twin pipe flanges

Use this area to buy and sell your vintage sleds and parts!
killerklown

WANTED: AAEN twin pipe flanges

Post by killerklown »

I dont need the pipes, just the flanges.
opsled

Re: WANTED: AAEN twin pipe flanges

Post by opsled »

They used the stock Yamaha flanges with Aaens.

opsled

PS, Killer, I have all the parts to work you up an 87 engine if you want. Wouldn't be cheap but would be nice. Good low miles bottom with new seals, nice stock chrome cylinders, new oem pistons/rings/gaskets, perfect head, 87 ignition. Nice set of carbs with GOOD TORS switches. I could even restamp engine to match your tunnel.

Here's what a done one looks like.

killerklown

Post by killerklown »

That would be nice Phil, but the new deer rifle just destroyed my budget... Better wait until I get my christmas shopping done, or I will be living on the street! What sort of price tag were you thinking though?
opsled

Post by opsled »

That one in the pics was an 85 (80N). It was also a low miles engine that I ran before teardown. I went through it with new rings, gaskets and seals. Went through the carbs and timed it. Sold as pictured with carbs, cables, CDI and coil, mounts ect. Might have sent him the fuel pumps and wiring harness too. It was a while ago (5 years?) but as I remember the guy paid $600 or so (sold it on ebay).

He was a member here and as far as I know it's still going fine. He did post after getting it going and was happy. I would have to get at least that maybe a bit more (would have to figure it out). I only have one set of new crank seals left and I think the mag side is NA now. If I built this engine I would be out of new parts and only have one 87 ignition system.

No biggie, Just thought I would toss the option. If you are patient and keep looking you may run across a good one for cheap (I have found one or two myself). I remember that sled you bought as I saw it on craigslist. It looked REAL!! nice.

Did you ever get the story on what happened to the engine?

Good Luck, Phil (opsled)
CarverTia

Post by CarverTia »

Yep, It's the shock tower. First time I heard it called that. Man the pipes are a tight fit. I've got about 3/16 from my coolant tank, and they almost touch my cab. No melting yet though!! I made a custom flange for the stock hole to keep the snow out. They sound wicked and I can definitely feel the new ponies combined with vforce 3's. Now the clutching... Till next time, thanks for the tips