10 inch carbides for a 81 srx-where to get?

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
mrviper700

10 inch carbides for a 81 srx-where to get?

Post by mrviper700 »

where do you get a set of 10 inch carbides for the 81 srx ski? think its the same runner as a vmax540 from 83-85 and also the phazer but i cant find anything more then 6 inch runners.
RPM-Technologies- 2 stroke engine performance
Vmax540

Re: 10 inch carbides for a 81 srx-where to get?

Post by Vmax540 »

Scott will custom make any skeg.

http://www.bergstromskegs.com/wr/y_chart_old.htm

SRX 81 C-Q09 CH6-Q09 CH8-Q09
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

i bought mine from ebay because i figured bergstrom would be backed up during january. of course mine were for usi ss railer skis. he might be able to do a non typical set in October tho...

if your going to buy all of these parts and get excited this early, i better get my shit together too... i dont want to be walked on by a 440!
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

one thing i didnt mention is my sled is widened and has a bunch of studs in the track. who knows how that will affect handling there
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
mrviper700

Post by mrviper700 »

After watching that oval racing, I was wondering why nobody had a 440 srx in the old class??? so I said since I have a couple of these 81 440's why not bring 1 out to play with. I have to stud the srx and get these big carbides, rest will be just clutching/gearing and set up the chassis. Not gonna go overboard with it, just take it out to have fun with.

heck, I dont even have a swaybar for it, wonder if I can find one of those..............
RPM-Technologies- 2 stroke engine performance
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

yeah im just having fun too. but i really really want to beat those new 600's... if you were there and saw me then im sure you saw the importance of as much carbide as you can get. im trying to find some of those "ski boots" so riding around in the pits i dont wear them down...