83vmax

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
Swen

83vmax

Post by Swen »

hello everyone! well I just picked up one of my all time favorite sleds. the vmax! the machine came from an older couple that said it ran when they parked it years ago but is now locked up. I put some penetrating oil in each cylinder and it broke free! everything was real clean so i put some gas in her and it blew out a whole tribe of mice out of the pipes! so i cleaned them out and tryed again. it ran real crappy on the clutch side and that was it. So i did a compression test and the clutch side has 125 psi and the other side has 51 psi. I know this is a rough qustion but what do you guys think is my next step? ive read that they are touchy engines and I am not the best mechanic but i would try. any infomation would be great! thanks much in advance. matt
YAMMIEGOD 3:16

Re: 83vmax

Post by YAMMIEGOD 3:16 »

YOUR NEXT STEP IS PULLING MOTOR APART. CHECKING RINGS, PISTONS, etc. i would say needs a fresh,in up. 3:16 (yammie tony)
chrisrider63

Post by chrisrider63 »

If you take it apart do the crank seals, they must be dried out.
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

chrisrider63 wrote:If you take it apart do the crank seals, they must be dried out.

x2 !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson