Selling my MAX on ebay

Use this area to buy and sell your vintage sleds and parts!
VMAXMARK

Selling my MAX on ebay

Post by VMAXMARK »

Attachments
max.jpg
tyler440

Re: Selling my MAX on ebay

Post by tyler440 »

yes i saw that. and quite frankly i cant believe your getting that kind of money out of it. not that it isnt a nice sled, but you even say in the description that theres isnt enough snow to ride! looks pretty clean, just cant believe people in Michigan are paying $1200 for a 26 year old sled in a year that has been real bad for snow
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
VMAXMARK

Post by VMAXMARK »

The strange thing is the high bidder so far is a guy from West Virginia - I asked him what he was going to do with it but I havn't heard back.

I think the bid right now is still a good deal considering it has a brand new $400 primary clutch, new $150 seat cover (with labor), new $100 windshield, $100 or so in the paint job, more money in misc. like belt, plugs, fuel lines and so on. It's not cheap to buy new parts for these old girls. Cant forget lots of labor time invested as well.

Also have to take into consideration that is not your average VMAX considering the modifications- if you were to take another VMAX and make it into the equal of this sled you would have considerably more money and time invested. It's getting hard to find these sleds in good shape- most of them have been thoroughly thrashed and trashed.

The last VMAX I reconditioned and sold on ebay last year went for $1800 so must be the market for these sleds is better in Michigan than where you are.
VMAXMARK

Post by VMAXMARK »

By the way - the weather sucks this year!!! We finally got about 6" of snow last Sunday and then it was 55 degrees yesterday so it's all gone.

I feel bad for all the businesses that depend on snowmobilers- they are really having it rough this year.

I'm supposed to go on a snowmobile trip next weekend in northern in Michigan and as of now there isnt enough to snow to ride on :evil: