Set Up for Ovals

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
DoubleClutch

Re: Set Up for Ovals

Post by DoubleClutch »

I am looking into tighting up the front suspention on the right and keep the left side looser and do the same with the torshtion springs on the rear suspention. I am also lowering the ride hight buy straping down a little to get the centere of gravati lower. I may have a set of 8 in carbides giving to me but I will have to make them fit. Been looking on EBay for pick's sense I havent heard from my buddy that has a good used track with picks in it. I got the ski padding on and put my numbers on this morning and now I am trying to put a stinger on the pipe but it's not wanting to stay on and I also have to make a bracket to hols it in the middle of the hole in the belly pan cause It started to melt. But I did have it out and it gave the sled better tork out of the hole.
Pic's
PICT0381.JPG
Attachments
PICT0383.JPG
PICT0382.JPG
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

i havent every rode my sled yet this year hahaha (well thats a lie, i have probably 6 miles on it) maybe tomorrow i will start working on my race setup...
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
DoubleClutch

Post by DoubleClutch »

22nd is coming fast!! Better get a movin!! :D
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

I just got done watching The Fri Night Thunder Sweet 16, here at the World Championships. 1/2 mile,paperclip track,Champ class is over 100 going in to the corners These are 150hp, 440 engines. Thousands of spectators here and its only Friday

We got here late last night missing the races last night, sat around with chuck and he said last weekend the 960 entries for the Vintage weekend. The Vintage weekend is almost as big as the derby weekend
opsled

Post by opsled »

Run your marbles in your left pocket.

opsled
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

and hope your marbles are big enough
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

well i can tell you one thing... getting on the 540 after the vmax4 is kinda lame haha.... kinda like driving a go kart... i just gotta tighten up the steering/ sissiors i have too much slop in them
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Watch it, my kids ride karts, just a hair over 110 at Daytona and Road America :)
inches from each other for 30 min. races
DoubleClutch

Post by DoubleClutch »

I would have to say top speed on this 3/8 mile track in the strait's will be 70+.
mrviper700

Post by mrviper700 »

I was at the track today, its packed very tightly and hard, make sure you have super sharp 8 inch carbides minimum,and good sharp pics in the track.

Its very nice track prep! they have 107 entries as of today already.
RPM-Technologies- 2 stroke engine performance
DoubleClutch

Post by DoubleClutch »

107 pre enterys and I no theres going to be allot that register at the gate like me!
DoubleClutch

Post by DoubleClutch »

Got the sled clamped down and getting the carbides and picks in tonight and tomarrow.

tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

holy hell that gets my blood pumping as if it wasnt already... i printed out a registration form and i have it filled out (somewhere around here) but i didnt send it in, so i will be one of the ones standing in line to register the day of... i hoping to get there at like 9:15... are the pits in the in field at sharon?... how many trucks and trailers can it hold?! they might be pitting in the parking lot at that rate

Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

Hey guys, come over and say hello, I'll have the 1992 blue Full size Blazer pulling Tylers V.V. #19 1984 Vmax 540 ! Let us hope and pray for a good day and a safe race for all !

Need any 540, SRV, Exciter or Phazer parts I could bring them to the race !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
DoubleClutch

Post by DoubleClutch »

Im hoping my truck with make the trip the power steering pump started grouling this morning and the pump is full so lets just hope it does!! Yea i will be there when the gate opens and I don't think they will have the pit in the infield. Just look for the Blur Chevy 1500 and we can park beside each other so if eather one of us needs help we are close.