Couple Questions

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
Bob Vehring

Couple Questions

Post by Bob Vehring »

Are there two seperate line coming out of the tank to feed the pumps? one to each pump?

What is the max height of a track lug,that we can use, without going to smaller drivers, and are we talkin from the top of the track to the lug top, or from the backside?
Vmax540

Re: Couple Questions

Post by Vmax540 »

One line to each fuel pump ( two pumps and two lines are a way over engineering feat by Yamaha). "What is the max height of a track lug" Most go with a .750 and some older style but, newer than than the Vmax tracks were .875"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Thanks Chuck, Went threw the carbs again on the VM last week, sat in the corner with the gas valves off, one side is still flooded. I will go out today later and look at the pump, my guess hole in the diafram and coming in the pulse line. I think I still have a reg. dual pump here and I can get rid of all that plumbing mess.

I found a nice looking track in a pile I had, looks like 1 in lugs but haven't measure it yet, sure wasn't getting this thing to hook up last year. If it is 1 in, has anyone found smaller drivers that will fit?
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

"What is the max height of a track lug"
Attachments
Lancer 003.jpg
agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

I dont see why you couldnt squeak a 1 inch thru there ? is it because of the tunnel protectors? if u were to bottom out the lugs would rub the exchanger?
Last edited by agfirecat on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

I haven't got to look at it yet, but I will after Eagle river. I think I have the fuel issue solved from the last ride, last year. Regan put a kit in the fuel pump, couldn't see a rip, but seamed to be leaking in and filling the cyl even with the pumps shut off. When I had the carbs off I got rid of all the power jet stuff, put regular float bowls on it.Started up and got it cleaned out but was realy, really rich. I'm just guessing at jetting so pulled the carbs to lean it out some. Seems some idiot forgot to put one of the piolet jets in, so I made myself stand in the corner for 15 min. Soon as all the customers leave will start it again
agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

you dont need pilot jets anyway they just plug up and make your sled run like chit! :lol:
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Well, the good news is the piolet made it idle nice, The bad news is I still have the problem. Already did my 12 hours for tonight so got fed up and came in.
This thing has acted up ever since I put these cards on. They came with the sled as a extra pair. I had them jetted OEM , had the problem, changed then so there just like my SRV set up which makes about the same power as this , same problem. Idles fine as you give it power one carb stops I guess pulling fuel. Can watch EGT start to rise, then just drops like a rock. Happens on whichever side I swap that carb to. Had it apart 5 times, changed all jets including inlet needle and seat. Each time I can blow air threw all the passages and everything seems fine. Guess we start over tomorrow.
To many sleds apart, solved the no spark problem on the arctic Cat 6000 and got the engine in today, just have to build carbs for that and go threw the clutches. Got a call tonight that my SRV cyl's are bored, pick them up tomorrow and can start to put that engine together. The plan is to have all three of these in Eagle River one week from today, and we have races Sat and Sun. What ya think the odds are?
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

Bob, going non power jet is a whole new game.... I know somewhere I should have jetting recommendations for non PJ 540's so, I will look later tonight. Track lug depends on it you want to stud and if not of course you can get away with higher lugs and not hit.