Vmax 540 throttle cable Question

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
SRVMOD

Vmax 540 throttle cable Question

Post by SRVMOD »

Hello Guys my name is Ethan and I am from Portland Oregon. :D I am visiting from Sacha's SRV540 Forum which are little brothers to the Vmax540 ha ha. And had a Question for you.

Right now i own a 1985 SRV and am wanting to put on a dual 38mm mikuni roundslide carb kit. Since it is hard to find a Reichard Dual carb kit for the SRV anymore i had another idea. What i want to do is take the carb mounting flanges off a Phazer since they were reed valve engines and with dual carbs. Then i will make a piece of rubber to angle the right hand carb since the SRV handle Bar rod is in the way. But i need your guys Vmax know how to help me.

First Problem: I want to keep my oil injection, so would it work to use a Vmax 540 throttle cable and oil cable but the problem is i dont know if they are the same and dont know how the Vmax cable works, Please give me your input.

Second: What jets do you run in the Vmax 540, and also i have my air box taken off so what jets would you guys prefer. :) :)
8R9SRX

carbs

Post by 8R9SRX »

on this site go to article index then click on tuning data to get jetting. throttle cable off v-max should work. also if you dont run an airbox i would start rich on the jetting...
vmax-540

Post by vmax-540 »

Hay Ethan , You are going to have to change the throttle lever also to one from a Vmax as the Srv only has a slot for one cable , and the Vmax has two slots, the other slot is for the oil injection cable ,so you will also have to use a Vmax oil cable. Normally the low end on a reed valve motor is set richer then a piston port motor so the specs for a Vmax may not work.If you call Riechards they should be able to tell you the carb specs that will work.By the way I drove a 91 Srv with the duel carb set up and PSI pipe and it was an animal. Good Luck!

:) :)
JEFFERY M FOURNIER

SLEDS
83 VMAX 540
81 SRX 440
SRVMOD

Post by SRVMOD »

Does anyone know if you can still get the Reichard Dual Carb Kit?
SRVMOD

Post by SRVMOD »

One more thing do any of you guys know the best place to get the V-max Throttle set-up with the lever and all the cables.
vmax-540

Post by vmax-540 »

There is a guy on Ebay right now that is parting out a 85 or 86 Vmax there are cables and controls on there. :) :)
JEFFERY M FOURNIER

SLEDS
83 VMAX 540
81 SRX 440