Bender engine

Use this area to post pictures of your current restoration, modification, or collaboration.
chrisrider63

Bender engine

Post by chrisrider63 »

My buddy has a Tim Bender v-max 540 engine and he just wanted to know how much it would be worth some information on the thing...I wanted to take a look at the ports and stuff but its sittin up on his bench ready to be dropped into somethin.
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

I would guess the name might bring some extra bucks if you find a collector, and the engine can be proven to be from Bender.
In reality, I doubt there is anything inside that any other good builder doesn't do today. We build race engines for a living, you learn quick that anything you come up with will be copied with in a month. Actually, if the other guys don't copy it, maybe it was that great of an idea :?
So that brings up a question I've often thought about. If Yami decided it was worth while to put reeds on the then new 535 fan engine (SRV), why didn't they do it on the liquid engine?
chrisrider63

re:

Post by chrisrider63 »

This bender engine is a formula 3 engine that bender himself raced with apparentely...
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Just a side note here, Fri. I was sitting around with friends that own the Eagle River Derby track at the ISOC races and got to meet Tim, His son now drives for Pol. and I think finished 7th yesterday in the Pro Open class
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

his son was racing oval? i few years ago when we rummaged thru his attic and toured the polaris :roll: shop, everything was snowcross....

you would have thought yamaha could have paid him enough to build unbeatable snowcrosser's like he did his ovals
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Tyler, ISOC is the Amsoil Snow X series, the same people as the X Games. They come here both to the Milw. Mile in the beginning of the year and the season finale is at the Grand Genevra resort, better know as the old Playboy Resort. Yes, I check the halls for old Bunny tails.

Yamaha has done some testing over the last 2 years but so far, hasn't brought out a team, most say the 4 strokes are too heavy. Maybe they could buy a championship like Harley does in NHRA

Our 120 champ guys have been on a roll lately, 1st and 2 nd Fri., and 2nd and 3rd yesterday, also a big win two weeks ago in Hayward.

Sleds are done now, but karts start next weekend, never a break