84' VMAX

Use this area to post pictures of your current restoration, modification, or collaboration.
plattler

84' VMAX

Post by plattler »

Well, here it is. The first test laps of my newly aquired VMAX. This is the first sled that I ever owned. After a few minutes of warming up and getting a feel for it, I found a 1/8 mile patch of snow on a lake and hammered the throttle. Son-of-a-......... I hit 90 KmH and it still had more in it, but I was quickly running out of stopping area. I can't wait until we get more snow.

I've got a local high school that is doing some body work and painting (notice the green masking tape). The only other thing is to replace the windshield and maybe get a better track.

First impressions .... niiiiiice. My 6 year old son thinks it's pretty cool too.

vmax-540

Post by vmax-540 »

Hay plattler! Now you know why we love these sleds so much, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine!! I think you will !! Great looking sled ! :D :D
JEFFERY M FOURNIER

SLEDS
83 VMAX 540
81 SRX 440
Nye Racing #13

84 VMax

Post by Nye Racing #13 »

:shock: :shock: Take the Vmax to a radar run and you will see some really shocked people :?: :?: The new 500 class doesn't stand a chance :shock: :shock: I raced four brand new ones last year and the old VMAX was 8 mhp FASTER!!! It was AWESOME!!!!! 8) 8)
8R9SRX

Post by 8R9SRX »

i bet it would go even faster with your 6 year old drivin it. he's lighter.....
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

Neat sled and pictures ! Like Nye Racing #13 it's neat to see the reaction from the newer sled owners ! ! ! :) ( I always act like......oh, yea it runs ok.......for a older sled ! )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson