81 srx rebuild

Use this area to post pictures of your current restoration, modification, or collaboration.
onebun

Post by onebun »

was also told that since i am running a 108exp wide ratio clutch the off set changes to 14mm due to the bigger sheaves the belt is out farther at the top.this was buy my buddy the yammie tech same guy who told my about the clutch puller trick.
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

yeah i would say he is probably right about the 14mm tho i dont honestly know... it makes sense.... as far as getting that fly wheel off, just keep trying i guess.... you might be able to get pb blaster to soak into it a little bit, they are tapered with a key so there really isnt a trick... just sounds like you have a mean one... didnt you just have it apart?
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
onebun

Post by onebun »

yes i did just have it apart but my buddy did it because i didn't have a puller going to be talking to him tonight hopefully he will help me again probably cost me a case of beer!
onebun

Post by onebun »

well got it running good, man what a learning expirence this was,still need to take care of some small stuff and figure out what happened to my lights then she'll be ready for the snow.heres some pics

onebun

Post by onebun »

heres under the hood
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

hmmm thats a 440 engine?? on every 81 srx head that i have seen the water comes out at a 90* angle as opposed to the straight one you have... the 90* head makes it really hard to get the right carb in and out... im wondering if someone might have put a 540 head on the 440 jugs.... also i wonder what that would do for compression ratio... ill have to complare a 440 head with a 540 head tonight.... or am i totally lost and it is a 540 motor in a 440... sorry i know ived talked to you lots but i cant keep everyones setup straight
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
onebun

Post by onebun »

tyler it is a 540 i just wanted to keep the chassis as a 440 srx
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

Hahaha ok good!!! Because I don't think a 540 head would be any good on a 440....

Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Dam, wish I had the belly pan, Elephants, danced on mine
onebun

Post by onebun »

some pics in the snow,i wish it ran as good as it looks,thanks to all for the help!
onebun

Post by onebun »