VooDoo Max

Use this area to post pictures of your current restoration, modification, or collaboration.
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Ok, I know, nothing to do with the VM, but heres a few pictures of the 6000 that got rolled over earlier this week. Not wet sanded or buffed yet and the colors are a little bleached out from too much flash. I'm not good with the camara

Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Alright, parts finally got here replacing the idler wheels that have been missing, new LED tail light and super bright headlight. Got the pipes cleaned and painted, put them on today, sounds good. A week from today were going up to Lake Superior just for sledding. Haven't gone on a snowmobile trip in 7 years.
Now that I have the newer, extra wire stator, do I just hook the hand warmers to the extra green/white wire? Is that then independent of the light circuit?

outta here in the mourning, Night Snow X races this weekend in Il., and a kart trade show in Chicago Sat and Sun.
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

A few pic's from the trip up to the Apostle Islands

TommyMoEmDown

Post by TommyMoEmDown »

Nice work! Is that a Jav or AMX
1978 SRX 540(84Vmax) Project
1983 SRV
1992 V-Max 4
1993 V-Max 4
2007 Apex Gt
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

'71 Jav. bought it 30 years ago as a driver. Started out as a Pee Green 304. In the 80's replace the weird Borg Warner Auto with a 727 reverse manual shift, Torqueflite, put a 9" Ford rear end in it and built a 401. Had a bottle on it for a while ( now the NOS is actually on a kart) but the Javelin always suffered from a hard time getting any bite. It just spins the tires, even went down to 3.55 gears .
Now its sitting on the re paint list, damn that's a long list.
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Heres some pic's of both the NOS on one of the karts and the blown kart engine. Also Regan helping with the engine on one of his buddy's cars

opsled

Post by opsled »

Bob Vehring wrote:'71 Jav. bought it 30 years ago as a driver. Started out as a Pee Green 304. In the 80's replace the weird Borg Warner Auto with a 727 reverse manual shift, Torqueflite, put a 9" Ford rear end in it and built a 401. Had a bottle on it for a while ( now the NOS is actually on a kart) but the Javelin always suffered from a hard time getting any bite. It just spins the tires, even went down to 3.55 gears .
Now its sitting on the re paint list, damn that's a long list.
Hmmm, Vmax's and Ramblers, and I thought I was the only one.

Now tell me, in your Manhatten, Brandy or Wiskey.

Me might be kin.

opsled
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Nitromethane of course :shock: why be normal?

Figured from your posts we had things in common. Also thought i would have run into you somewhere by now, I'm in Milw., home of Summerfest
opsled

Post by opsled »

Bob Vehring wrote:Nitromethane of course :shock: why be normal?

Figured from your posts we had things in common. Also thought i would have run into you somewhere by now, I'm in Milw., home of Summerfest
Nitro??, I'll have to giver a try. So now, sweet, dry or perfect?

I figured the same. I do get out but I'm sneaky and hard to run into although I did get hit (hard) by a golf cart this morning at work. Co-worker backing out of one of the bays on the cart (wide open), me running (full tilt) down the front of the buliding, met at the door with him turning towords me, both of us locked the brakes to no avail so I just jumped up to save my feet and bounced of the back of the cart's canopy in a fashion that would not be considered "gracefull". Pleanty of spectaters to laugh but as any good Bumble I bounced right up an continued on my way. Co-worker said "oops, sorry" and was on his way. Gave the rest something to talk about so it was worth it.

I live in the thriving metrolopiss!! (Benny Hill) of Burlington Wi, (Chocolate City). Home of the Chocolate Festival where all the gay lovers of Tony Romo and his family hang out. An unbelievably wonderfull town of 10,000ish perfect people. Don't believe?, just ask (not me), they'll tell you. Oh, the most important thing to know about Burlington (just in case you are ever here) is that it is also home of the world renoun "Burlington Liers Club" which preaty much tells it all.

So we're only about 30 miles away from each other.

opsled
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

I had years back, a good Drag racing friend that was from Burlington, used to hang out their. He had to move when his wife met his girl friend.

Got a good place, right about the middle to meet up, Badger Raceway, Dousman, I seem to live there just about every weekend till snow falls again
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Well just sent 4 cyl's out to have the plating stripped, bigger bore, smaller port project has started
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Phil , if your still reading here, I will be in Burlington Sat at the Lynch Car show, there for the kart club, but will bring the race sled and VM also
opsled

Post by opsled »

I work till noon on Sat but drive right past Lynch on the way home and home is only 1/2 mile from there. I'll try to stop in on the way by. I'm sure you shouldn't be hard to find.

Phil, (opsled)
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

I'm easy to find, Think old hippies
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Heres a few pix from the show was parked next to Ross Martians ISOC Champion PRO sled most of the day
Had a great time talking with Phil (OP Sled) all afternoon, really a good guy.