1985 Limited Edition Vmax

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
Vmax Thawk

1985 Limited Edition Vmax

Post by Vmax Thawk »

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of a 1985 limited edition vmax that was built. I have found one that looks to be all original and in good cosmetic shape. It's black with grey decals similar to the standard 85 red decals. It also has "Limited Edition" on the front of the hood above the nose cone. One cylinder has bad compression. That's no big deal to me. Is this a legitimate machine? If so they must be pretty rare to find. Thanks for any help
Bob Vehring

Re: 1985 Limited Edition Vmax

Post by Bob Vehring »

Interesting. I ran into the same thing only on a '83, Limited Edition badge on the hood, stick on with raised lettering. Might be pictures stil in the "My Project" section under VooDoo Max.
I never found anyone that could tell me what it was, no one seem to know about it at least then. Let me know if you find anything out, I think I still have that org body work in a shed, sled is repainted now.
Vmax Thawk

Post by Vmax Thawk »

I found your pic. The one i found is totally different. It's a vinyl "Limited Edition" decal that is in place of the "Yamaha". Also the side panel and hood decals are different gray colors instead of the normal red color for a '85. It looks to be all original from the factory. I've just never seen one before.
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

I looked too after I read this, not sure but it looks like mine said Special Edition, can't remember for sure, somewhere I have the hood, will have to look
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

Of the thousands made there surely, were quite a few that were customized ? If there were such a limited edition they would have features the others do not ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Ya, mine had steel liners that were too tight, 81 SRX pipes and a water temp gauge that would never work by design :lol:

Have to drive it farther that 600 feet......

:D