Hood alignment???

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
Duke700

Hood alignment???

Post by Duke700 »

I can't figure out why when I close the hood on my 83, I have to push the sides in, in front of the shocks. None of the hinges look bent or anything, and now the red paint gets scratched when I ride. Before the clutch started to go out anyway. I could see this happening on one side, if it was misaligned, but it happens on both. Anyone have any ideas. The 50 miles I rode were some of the best miles I've ever rode a sled anywhere, and the clutch wasn't even 100%. The powerband felt a lot like my 02 Viper.
Vmax540

Re: Hood alignment???

Post by Vmax540 »

Duke700 with the front corner bumpers (in front of struts) I added a washer to both of the bolts on both sides to add a little more gap. If the strut holders are hitting I would check alignment of the holders (sometimes called can's) there again two washers on the inside of the holders where they bolt to the frame could aloow for more room to close the hood. As far as the performance..... well, when tuned properly they certainly are fun !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
Duke700

Re: Hood alignment???

Post by Duke700 »

Hey Vmax540, thanks for the reply. I will try adding washers to the corner bumpers, I think that is where the problem is. Just one of the few things I need to do to get it running good for next season. Wanted to take it out one more time this season but I don't think that is going to happen.