Track lug height

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
Bob Vehring

Track lug height

Post by Bob Vehring »

Anyone know what the max lug heights that can be run on these? I have a Pol Extra 10 skid, which shouldn't mater, but need some traction also will need studs if anyone knows max height without hitting anything
Vmax540

Re: Track lug height

Post by Vmax540 »

Robert I run a good pattern 3/4" with studs and you can not believe the difference over the pathetic stock track. Doubt you can go to 1" and still use studs without hitting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

I keep gettin myself into these mess's, on one hand I want this to be a fast trail sled, it needs paddle action for that. On the other hand, I never get to trail ride much. I'd be happy if we got out of the oval racing thing and get back to drag racing then thinner lugs and longer picks is what I want. What I need is two tracks, ya like I'm going to get around to changing them each time.

Its been out and running, has a new wide belt Polaris clutch set up, need to go to a lake to finish jetting and clutching but both the Eltigre and the V Max have way more power then track right now. New EGT probes should be here Wed hope to finish it up then
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

Bob, I really think 3/4 is the way to go, heck compared to todays tracks this size will not scrub any noticeable speed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Found a deal on 9/10 track with picks, good price, just not sure if it will clear, tryin to find out what the cat need in case this one doesn't fit the VM