1981 srx 440

Use this area to buy and sell your vintage sleds and parts!
Srxstan

1981 srx 440

Post by Srxstan »

I have a 1981 srx 440 it's been in the family since it was new, I lived in London Ohio my dad moved to arkansas in 1986 it's been in the garage every since, I just moved back to London Ohio so I got her running. All is original as it was bought new.it was never taking in for the motor up date. So all serial numbers will match. I did put on 38 mm roundslides but still have the butterfly carbs. And linkage. The seat does need recovered. The odometer says 1040. Small scratch mark on left side panel, hood also has small crack on left side. Still in descent shape but it is a 1981. I can email pics or answer questions at isaacsstanley@att.net I'm not sure what this sled
Is worth but I know there very hard to find with the original motor since Yamaha recalled all of them. I would be very happy to hear all opinions on what this sled is worth. Thanks Stan.
mrviper700

Re: 1981 srx 440

Post by mrviper700 »

Hi Stan, Its worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it in my opinion. I have 2 of these 81 srx440's, one with only 625 original miles, I bought that sled for $1000. The other sled has 2200 miles and like yours has the unupdated engine, I bought that sled blown up but complete for $500. For some reason these sleds even being a 1yr only machine are not bringing the big $$ yet. Hopefully they will jump in value like the older srx and now the craze of the 78 srx is going at, but for now they seem to be in a slump.

Since your in ohio,...lol, send me a few pics of the sled, maybe we can make a deal, I always would have room for another 81, love the looks of these . I need another running 1 only because I want to keep my low mile sled up on the shelf, and race my 2200 miles sled this year on oval races, would be kinda neat to have one just to run around the roads on and field ruinning(trail sled),heres my email: dpizor@hotmail.com
RPM-Technologies- 2 stroke engine performance
Rupp Man

Re: 1981 srx 440

Post by Rupp Man »

Hello I am new to this site !! I wondered if you might have the 81 SRX yet???? Thanks