Head Gasket Installation

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
3GIRLS

Head Gasket Installation

Post by 3GIRLS »

I alway struggle with them @#*% o-ring Head Gaskets. I bet there is someone out there that has mastered this and could share the trick with me. I can get them but any help would be great. Thanks guys love the site Picture is of my youngest daughter on my 79 srx Born to ride!
YAMMIEGOD 3:16

Re: Head Gasket Installation

Post by YAMMIEGOD 3:16 »

GREASE THEM. GET THEM IN JUG GROVE BEST YA CAN, AND GRESE THEM IN THE REST OF THE WAY. JUST A SMALL BEAD WILL HOLD THEM DOWN. LOVE THE 79 SRX BY THE WAY. 3:16 (yammie tony)
Last edited by YAMMIEGOD 3:16 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3GIRLS

Re: Head Gasket Installation

Post by 3GIRLS »

Thanks I will give that a try. Thanks on the 79 SRX I owned one back in 1986 I want a V-MAX but all I could afford was an SRX what a little rocket it was sold it 3 years later and wished that I would have kept ever since. I purchased this one owner 79 about a month ago from the orginal owner. Since new he stored in a heated garage and started quite often to "keep thing lubed up" as he put it. Just love the sound of a Yammy!!! Also got my V-Max 83,84 &87 Thanks Again
YAMMIEGOD 3:16 wrote:GREASE THEM. GET THEM IN HEAD GROVE BEST YA CAN, AND GRESE THEM IN THE REST OF THE WAY. JUST A SMALL BEAD WILL HOLD THEM DOWN. LOVE THE 79 SRX BY THE WAY. 3:16 (yammie tony)