ANYBODY HERE, INCUDEING CHUCK. 3:16

Use this area to buy and sell your vintage sleds and parts!
YAMMIEGOD 3:16

ANYBODY HERE, INCUDEING CHUCK. 3:16

Post by YAMMIEGOD 3:16 »

I NEED A GOOD WORKING WATER TEMP GAUGE FOR A 83-87 VMAX. DON,T CARE ABOUT FACE (numbers or scale) HAVE TWO HERE AND THEIR BOTH JUNK. LET ME KNOW. 3:16 (yammie tony)
opsled

Re: ANYBODY HERE, INCUDEING CHUCK. 3:16

Post by opsled »

Did you test them in hot water Tony? Cuz if you are waiting for one to move while on the sled you might wait a long time. I don't know if it's because of the placement of the probe in that bypass line or what but I have never had one move much at all on the sled.

opsled

PS, I probably have a good one if needed (would have to test to be sure) but can't garauntee you will see it work on the machine.

PHIL I NOTICE THAT ON MY 83, BUT THIS GAUGE BROKE WHERE NUT SCREWS INTO HOUSING. OTHER ONE I HAD WAS FROM A 87 SCALE COLOR SCREEN, THAT WAS BROKE TOO. USED HOT WATER FROM MICR WAVE. lol. if ya can spare a good one, let me know. hey i sent that vmax 4 stuff back to ya. 3:16 (yammie tony)
opsled

Post by opsled »

OK Tony, I'll check out what I have and let ya know.

opsled
opsled

Post by opsled »

That was easy. Didn't even have to go to the barn. Got a good one will send it in the am. Do you need the plastic it screw into? hoses?

opsled

ANYTHING YOU HAVE. LET ME KNOW WHAT I OWE YA. 3:16 (yammie tony)
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

For whatever its worth, I tried 2 oem gauge then put in a known good Autometer gague all read the same, damn near nothing untill it got really hot. I had the engine out and took apart the lines to this by pass hose. IMO theres nothing there that makes any water travel up that line, I doubt if it gets any flow.
When I get mine back together, which is getting closer, I'm going with a one of the inline sensors in the bigger hose