86-Max reflective graphics Package

Use this area to buy and sell your vintage sleds and parts!
winterthunder

86-Max reflective graphics Package

Post by winterthunder »

I worked with a vintage snowmobile graphics shop ACdecals.com (acdecals@afegraphics.com) this past summer there out of Canada I needed to reproduce the graphics for my 86-Max restoration. These graphics are perfect and yes there reflective if you check out the sight you might not see the whole set for the 86 but they have them now. I just wanted to throw it out there. :)
MSASRX

Re: 86-Max reflective graphics Package

Post by MSASRX »

Perfect!!!!!

Thanks for the Update, just what i wanted to hear! Looks like it will be this late winter/Spring that i'll find the time to start my resto on my Vmax. I did get my boy's 80' Enticer 340 done, that was FUN!!! I hope he'll help me with this one too!!!
killerklown

Post by killerklown »

wish they had reflective 87's...oh well
winterthunder

Post by winterthunder »

If you are able to take some color pics and measurements of your 87 Max existing decals they will reproduce them and in turn sell them to you at a discounted cost. That’s all I did was hold a ruler up to each side of the decals to be reproduced and they can see the measurements for themselves it makes it easy for them to see for example the size of a stripe and the distance in between each strip also it eliminates potential confusion with what measurement is for what. Here is the person to contact (acdecals@afegraphics.com) ask for Mark Olan.

Jeff
killerklown

Post by killerklown »

No dice... Contacted them the other day. I even told them i believe the 87-86 were the same just different colors. They shot me down and said no plans on any 87 stuff. Mine are mint but would have bought a spare set right away.
MSASRX

Post by MSASRX »

(besides the obvious added red that fades to orange between reflective gold pinstripes from the back of the tunnel to the front of the hood) The tunnel graphics are a little different, and the pin stripes on the top of the hood are different (two gold stripes vs. gold/burgundy ) from what it looks like - the vmax stickers, the windshield Yamaha sticker, gas tank door sticker and ski emblems are the same......besides the warning/instructional stuff...
When I finally tear down the 87' chassis / hood / side panels - i wonder if i could somehow remove all of the original 87' emblems so they could be easily duplicated???