81 SRX with 38mm carbs?

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
vintsrx

81 SRX with 38mm carbs?

Post by vintsrx »

Hey Guys!
I was just wondering as to what is a good carb spec. to start tuning a set of 38mm non-power jet carbs might be. Am currently running 340 mains, 3.0 slides, can't remember pilots--I think 45's, 6DH4 needle in leanest setting. Seems to run OK, but performance falls off once it warms up, so suspecting being too lean on bottom end?
vintsrx

Re: 81 SRX with 38mm carbs?

Post by vintsrx »

Hey Guys,
Just thought I'd try again if anybody knows a good carb setup on a 81 SRX using 38mm round slides with NO power jet?
tyler440

Re: 81 SRX with 38mm carbs?

Post by tyler440 »

i have always heard that when you put carbs from a vmax on a srx you can start with stock vmax settings. so therefore i would think you could start with non-power jet settings from a vmax. whether or not you can find some specs on non-power jet 38's for a vmax i dont know. a search may turn something up, otherwise maybe someone running non-power jets on a vmax will chime in
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com