Vintage Ride

Use this area to post pictures of your current restoration, modification, or collaboration.
MXZ-1100

Vintage Ride

Post by MXZ-1100 »

I went on a vintage ride last weekend and I have to say the old V-Max is still the best looking vintage sled. The only one that came close was a Kawaski Interceptor 550. We had a great time and did about a 35 mile loop. My sled only has about 800 miles on it but I like to take it out a couple times a year.

Vmax540

Re: Vintage Ride

Post by Vmax540 »

Cool a vintage ride.....nice sled you have and I agree Kawasaki made some awesome looking and running sleds it is truly sad they did not continue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
killerklown

Post by killerklown »

very nice! looks like fun...
Vmxhunter

Post by Vmxhunter »

Sorry I'm a little late on this thread!!! But ya, I know what your saying about the Interceptor 550. I owned 3 of them. Sold my last one about 1 1/2 years ago. man that sled was wicked!! I could be driving at 40mph. And mash the throttle wide open, and have no issue what-so-ever with lifting the skis off the ice!! And that was all stock!! Ran it in a radar run once. Stock class...Got 98mph in 1000ft. But....The ride was not much to talk about. And the one thing I could never get over was that those Kawasaki's idle speed was 3000rpm's. But, that's what the shop manual stated.
MAPEX

Post by MAPEX »

I know this post is alittle late, but where was this vintage ride? I tried to get into a few last season but timing was just off or something wasn't working on the sled so it never worked out. Next season will definatly happen though...Gotta love the old iron back on the snow!!!

Mike
Sleds:
2007 Yamaha Apex RTX
2 - 1981 Yamaha SRX 440's