Need Help With a Big Bore 540

Use this area to post pictures of your current restoration, modification, or collaboration.
tyler440

Need Help With a Big Bore 540

Post by tyler440 »

hello... i bought some vmax 540 parts off of ebay and im looking for anytype of info on them.... i know they are "big bore" parts and some where near 4mm over bore... the head has been milled to lower the compression (or keep it the same after the increase in bore) the cylinders have polished intake and exhaust "runners" and a decent amount of "smoothing" on the transfer ports.... it doesnt appear that the transfer ports were moved or made any bigger... im just looking for any info i can get....

there are some stampings on them head and cylinders as you can see from the pics

this number is hard to read in the picture... i believe it says "8776"

these numbers are pretty easy to read when you click on the picture and make it bigger... it says "SSR 332" and below that "84"

also if anyone knows where i can get "big bore" pistons to fit this please let me know...

thanks
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

UPDATE:

a couple of guys over at totallyamaha.com gave me this info
dynofun wrote:That was probably done at Spencer Sports Racing (SSR). Either way call DRP and they may be able to help you. Delaughter Racing Products.
and
INLINE4 wrote:Seems like its a 600 BB from SSR..My friend PROSTOCKBOB had one in the day..I will talk to him next time I see him..From what he always said It was the fastest vmax he ever had..I know he had 44mm carbs and shortend the header pipes on the exhaust 10mm.
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
mrviper700

Post by mrviper700 »

whats the bore in the cylinders?, you can find pistons that will work by picking up a wiseco book and finding something with the same, orvery close comp.distance and same pin, always canwork the bore slightly if needed(larger). I use watercraft pistons and all sorts,dirtbike pistons and such for custom 2 smoke sled engines, the piston doesnt know what engine its in.
RPM-Technologies- 2 stroke engine performance
killerklown

Re: Need Help With a Big Bore 540

Post by killerklown »

I had a 610cc kit, never got it installed, and it wound up getting sold to fund other projects. Made by High Altitude Engineering, New Mexico, out of business.