new pics

Use this area to post pictures of your current restoration, modification, or collaboration.
chrisrider63

phazer skid

Post by chrisrider63 »

Did you need to drill new holes for the phazer skid?? Im thinking of doing the same thing i cant wait to ride it this winter, I was gonna just restore it but why not ride it?? I remember from some of your posts that you said you ride it like a trail sled.
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

depending on the year the phazer should also be a proaction skid... which as far as i know means it bolts right in... now im sure the newer phasers are probably proaction plus in which case youll have to drill holes but as long as it doesnt have transfer rods you should be fine... the only real advantage of a phaser skid is the likelyhood that is newer and therefore the shocks arent junk like it seems most vmaxs are
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

the skid was in the sled when i got .they installed a bracket wich lowered the suspension mount just below the tunnel if ya look at the tunnel you can see the original mounting hole in the middle of the rivets. the suspension is way different than a pro-link though it has torsion springs and the shocks dont have coil springs..if ya need measurements ill post some pics
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

yeah sorry im totally wrong.... your right phasers had torsion springs... i dont know what im talking about when it comes to phazer year differences hahha
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

hey hows it going tyler you got any summer projects going on you ticking out that v-max 4 you got?
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

nah i havent touched it like i expected... in the last month i have started a screen printing business so all my time and money has been taken up by it.... well not all of my money but certainly all of my time... i still am going to get a proaction of some sorts under that baby before the snow flys and scrub scrub scrub it