Pimp Drive gear oil/water seal

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!

Pimp Drive gear oil/water seal

Post by Guest »

I'm looking for an oil/water seal for the pump drive gear on my 83 Vmax. Everywhere I look it is not available or backordered. Can anyone help or give me direction to where I can get one.

http://www.highlandsyamaha.com/parts.aspx Part #3[/img]
Donnie

Post by Donnie »

Which gasket are you trying to find? I went to the link you gave and it started me out in the brakes category. I can use the link if you telling me which category to look under to see which #3 part you were looking at. I have a few gaskets left over from an engine build. I may have the one you need.

Donnie
Donald L. Gilbert, Jr.
1983 Yamaha Vmax
1986 Yamaha Vmax
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

From Yamaha's own site take a look at the 87 Vmax schematic the seal is different 93103-25146-00 OIL SEAL, SW-TYPE I ordered and recieved one this summer. Maybe you can switch over to the newer style ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Post by Guest »

Donnie wrote:Which gasket are you trying to find? I went to the link you gave and it started me out in the brakes category. I can use the link if you telling me which category to look under to see which #3 part you were looking at. I have a few gaskets left over from an engine build. I may have the one you need.

Donnie
It's part #3 in the Pump drive gear section
Donnie

Post by Donnie »

I was looking at the picture you were talking about but I think #3 is pointing to a bearing. Are you looking for #27 ???

DonnieImage
Donald L. Gilbert, Jr.
1983 Yamaha Vmax
1986 Yamaha Vmax

Post by Guest »

Donnie wrote:I was looking at the picture you were talking about but I think #3 is pointing to a bearing. Are you looking for #27 ???

DonnieImage

#2 is a bearing. #3 is a seal. #27 is a gasket.

I need #3. Look on the chart that references #3. It is an oil seal.

Thanks
Donnie

Post by Donnie »

OK, I see. I thought there was a bearing on both sides. I don't have that seal. Sorry.

Donnie
Donald L. Gilbert, Jr.
1983 Yamaha Vmax
1986 Yamaha Vmax