1981 srx windsheild

Use this area to buy and sell your vintage sleds and parts!
2fast4u8

1981 srx windsheild

Post by 2fast4u8 »

Looking for a factory black windsheild for my 1981 srx. Had the dealership go through my engine to make sure every thing was dialed in on this sled. When I came to pick it up, someone in the shop broke it and will not come forward, who did it. Please help me with this, for I have come so far with this sled and money.

agfirecat

Post by agfirecat »

i would say the mechanic who did the work and signed the work order should be responsible.the owner of the shop should buy you a new one and give you a case of oil for your pain. or
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

man that really really sucks! seriously, youll be lucky to find a windshield in as nice of shape as your sled deserves.... i would probably still be at the dealership going ballistic!
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
1grindking

wind shield issue

Post by 1grindking »

well tell your friends not to shop there where is this place? so i dont go there by accdent

i was going on a long ride 1 wknd & it was 25below zero & went to buy a tall windshield but my dealer didnt have 1 in stock only short 1s but did have 1 on a used sled on the showroom floor that he wouldnt sell me i even offered new price for a used shield NOPE iv nevere shoped there again & let pepole know every chance i get so dont shop in drantles in st. peter mn. there is a yamaha dealer in mankato mn. bout 20mins away that is in the buisness to make $ not piss pep off thanks for lettin me vent
:twisted:
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

Bummer about your windshield they are hard to find :( As always I do have the SnoStuff shields on my parts list in the articles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Like others have said, I would still be at the dealership. If yours was OEM I would accept nothing less. I have a Sno stuff on mine and it just folds down flat at speed and sags just sitting there. If its their fault hold them responsible

Now in defense of dealerships, I think it was wrong for someone to post a dealers name on a public forum because they didn't get what they wanted. No offense to the poster but there may be reasons they didn't want to sell that, maybe someone is interested and likes that size windshield, maybe someone had money down on it. Even if not, the salesman would need to have mechanic pull it in and change out the parts. Mechanic's don't work for free, and it takes him off the job hes on.
Again, no offense but I don't think its fair to names someones business unless their a part of the discussion and can tell their side
1grindking

Post by 1grindking »

you have a very good point i probly shouldnt have done that but im still mad @ them & hope he gets less buisness for not helping me thats how a buisness should be run & i gave him every chance to rob me blind & told him i was ok with that in this sertin instance but he was unwilling to help so i dont feel to bad about it but you do have a very good point i shouldnt do that sort of thing thanks
2fast4u8

Post by 2fast4u8 »

If anyone knows who bought that 1981 srx on ebay that was sold for parts only, contact me, because it look like a black orignal windsheild on there. Thanks.