wider front end

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
8R9SRX

wider front end

Post by 8R9SRX »

does anyone have any pics of their sled with the wide front end. thinking of doing this to my 81 and what is the average widened stance....? i was thinking about 2.5" each side..thanks
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

i did it to my 81 srx but im trying to think if i actually have a picture of it.... the 81 is 98% the same as the other vmax's so you could look around and find the pictures of chucks i know he has some somewhere....
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

40" is a good all around distance and no more than 42" center to center

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
tfin

try an anti-sway bar

Post by tfin »

Before I start hacking, cutting and welding, try to find the anti-sway or stabliizer kit from an early vmax or srv.

I've put them on every SRV I"ve owned, and it really makes a difference for stability and body roll in corners.

Yamaha had these as an accessory. Doubt you can find a new one, but if you find one, get it. PS, when painted a contrasting color, they look cool too.
8R9SRX

Post by 8R9SRX »

funny i had one of those and i couldnt even give it away....