Cylinder question

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
Max Fan

Cylinder question

Post by Max Fan »

Hi guys,
I just got my cylinders back from U.S. Chrome....they turned out great. Went I shipped them out, I marked them with a sharpie, MAG and PTO . Now they are spotless and I am wondering if they can be reversed. They both slid on nice, and the head is seated properly with the little pins on top. I did not torque the head on yet. Thanks for your help.
Tony.
brjr540

Post by brjr540 »

the jugs are interchangeable, there should be no problems.
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

mmmmm as far as porting and such they should be the same.... did us chrome also have pistons that they matched to the cylinders? they didnt have the bottom end or head did they? they should be interchangable but since you just spent all that money to get them re chromed you better make damn sure..... or you could always just put them on the side for which they are marked (?)
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

brjr540 wrote:the jugs are interchangeable, there should be no problems.
X2 !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

ok my bad i thought you were saying that they marked them mag and pto.... i guess it does say that you did that... in that case i am 100% for "they will fit either side" FINAL ANSWER :)
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
chrisrider63

yo

Post by chrisrider63 »

IF they were done to spec and done with the same dimensions I really dont see how they could have a real difference...
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

US Chrome is one of the best if not THE best refinisher.... im sure they are right where they need to be for bore size

Max Fan

Post by Max Fan »

Thanks for the replies everyone ! Got it running tonight ......Sounds awesome ! Waiting for my reproduction decals and then I will post the restoration pics....Thanks again !