V-Max Side panels

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
stv1991

V-Max Side panels

Post by stv1991 »

A couple of things..... First: If anybody has any straight side panels for a V-Max, I would be happy to buy them if you want to sell.

Second: I just bought a fiberglass side panel off E-Bay for the '83-87 V-Max. Who is repopping these things? I asked the seller and he didn't know. I got the clutch side but would like to get the right side as well. I personally like the idea of the fiberglass panels as they can be repaired vs. the aluminum ones that dent and stay that way. Any info or leads would be helpful on how to get more of these or who is making them.

Thanks..................Robb
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

Interesting....... My bet is..... that it was from Bender since, they made or had someone make fiberglass panels for the Original 84 Phazer and 87 Exciter ? Are there any markings or numbers on it anywhere ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
stv1991

Post by stv1991 »

There are no markings on this side panel. I found out by digging deeper that this panel in fact did come from Bender. I've got a few numbers I'm going to call to see if I can get some more information on these. The panel itself is very nice. If I can't get my hands on anymore and especially the matching right side panel, I'm thinking about having a mold made of this one before I use it so more can be made.

Again, any more info on these would be great. Please fill me in if you have any info.

Robb
srxvmax50

panels, etc.

Post by srxvmax50 »

Hay, how has everyone been. Good I hope. About side panels and fiberglass and Tim Bender and all these things: All's Ican say is that I am preddy sure that I have panels for U. Even one or two NOS. So I now need to state that my used panels probably have no obvious dents beyound 15', thats because they are not perfect, okeedokee ?Anyways you can clean up the little stuff. PS: correct years graphics nor all trinkets are promised on used panels. So y'all remember that I made this disclaimer. Interested parties feel free to write back. Thankyou men. MJD.
stv1991

Post by stv1991 »

srxvmax50, please e-mail me at: RobertLamppa@aol.com so I can dig deeper into this subject.

Thanks,

Robb
srxvmax50

panels-parts

Post by srxvmax50 »

Robb, let us know here at v-v-m.com what you are in need of. If I can't help you , I'm sure someone can. MJD
stv1991

Post by stv1991 »

What I would really like is two things. I'd like a set of NOS side panels for my '83 V-Max restoration and I'd also like to find out who has the molds for the fiberglass panels. Then if I had a rider, I could put those on and not worry about damaging the real things. I would also consider having molds made out of my panels and then having these repopped if we can't find the originals.

Robb
srxvmax50

panels

Post by srxvmax50 »

Robb, I have one NOS panel. It is the left side. This panel is bare, no parts attatched. I also have used panels, possibly with '83 graphics. I'lll have to check. MJD
stv1991

Post by stv1991 »

I would be interested in the left NOS panel as that's the side I have been really looking for. My Mag side panel is very nice. I would also be interested in straight or very close to it side panels. Decals or not don't matter, I can take care of that.

Let me know............Robb
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

i think if someone had the ambition and know how to make fiberglass panels from a NOS set they could probably find lots of guys to buy them... providing they can keep the cost down... i dont know what it would take, money wise, to make replacements but boy would it be nice...
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com