1987 with 1 mile

Use this area to buy and sell your vintage sleds and parts!
markxx800

Re: 1987 with 1 mile

Post by markxx800 »

YAMMIEGOD 3:16

Post by YAMMIEGOD 3:16 »

JEFF, I JUST GOT THE FINAL TIMELINE FROM DAVE WELLS , THE EDITOR FOR SNO-GOER IN THE NORTHEAST. THIS IS THE PRE ARTICLE. NOW SPRING OF 2013 WILL FEATURE THE 1976 440/340 EXCITER. SPRING OF 2014 WILL FEATURE THE 81 SRX. I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS BECAUSE DAVE LET ME WORK VERY CLOSE WITH HIM ON THIS SLED FOR SNO-GOER. DON,T FORGET, SO MUCH OF MY INFO WAS WHEN I HAD YOUR SLED. NOW , MY 1983 IS RUNNING GREAT. I MADE AFEW CHANGES AND IT SEEMS TO WORK. LIKE I TOLD YA, UP THE JETTING AND PRE/MIX. I HAD ONE MORE ISSUE WHERE A PILOT JET WAS DIRTY, BUT ALL IS GOOD. THAT UPDATED PORTING IS A HOLE DIFFERENT ANIMAL FOR THIS SLED. PRETTY FUNNY DON,T YA THINK JEFF, THESE GUYS CLAIMING ONE MILE ON A SLED AND OF COARSE EVERYBODY WANTS A FORTUNE FOR WHAT THAT GOT. TELL YA, MY 83 HAS 2000 MILES ON IT AND THE LETTERING ON MY SEAT IS SNOW BRIGHT WHITE. LOOK AT THE ONE PICTURED WITH 1 MILE. lol. 3:16 (YAMMIE TONY)
riddicksrides

Post by riddicksrides »

82SRX500 wrote:This sled is correct. I have my 82 SRX 500 with 37 miles on it and it looks pretty identical. You have to look at all the small gold anodized pieces to see pieces that tarnish quick with snow and moisture. The seat wear of the Yamaha in gold the side of the seat is a bit strange but the snaps all look mint. The skis are correct for the 87's. The 86's still had the triangle style loops. Why the ski stickers are not on them I don't know. The price is certainly up there and it is great to see this level of demand for it. I would love to buy this sled but would rather have a mint clean one that I could drive with out worrying about the miles. Cool stuff.
i have a 83 excitersx11 if ur intrested cheap needs rings took it in on some work i did for a guy its the bender model 450 takes it
82SRX500

Post by 82SRX500 »

riddicksrides wrote:
82SRX500 wrote:This sled is correct. I have my 82 SRX 500 with 37 miles on it and it looks pretty identical. You have to look at all the small gold anodized pieces to see pieces that tarnish quick with snow and moisture. The seat wear of the Yamaha in gold the side of the seat is a bit strange but the snaps all look mint. The skis are correct for the 87's. The 86's still had the triangle style loops. Why the ski stickers are not on them I don't know. The price is certainly up there and it is great to see this level of demand for it. I would love to buy this sled but would rather have a mint clean one that I could drive with out worrying about the miles. Cool stuff.
i have a 83 excitersx11 if ur intrested cheap needs rings took it in on some work i did for a guy its the bender model 450 takes it
I sent you an email. I am interested in learning more about this sled. Send me some digital pics. Email to toizrit@comcast.net
Specializing in 1981 and 1982 SRX 440's and 500's. Also collecting Tim Bender Related Snowmobiles and Memorabilia
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I know this is an old post but an acquaintance of mine purchased that new '87 on Ebay and it crossed the border and living in Canada.
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

Jamie wrote:I know this is an old post but an acquaintance of mine purchased that new '87 on Ebay and it crossed the border and living in Canada.
Awesome, I'm sure it went to a good home !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson