Project Sexy-Max Finally Complete!!

Use this area to post pictures of your current restoration, modification, or collaboration.
KylejSmith

Project Sexy-Max Finally Complete!!

Post by KylejSmith »

Hey All,

Just wanted to share some inspiration to those of you that are just starting your V-MAX restoration project or are stuck 1/2 way with one. After 1 year of searching the internet, scrap yards, and sled shows, I have finally completed my 1985 V-MAX restoration (yes the decals are from an 86' but they look way better!!. It dahm near cost me my sanity & marriage but after all the hair pulling, knuckle skinning, and wrench throwing I'm very happy with the outcome. So for those of you who are just starting a restore, or those of you who are depressed and sleepless in the middle of one, Keep at it and you wont be disappointed.

I took this baby to the Vintage ride in Revelstoke BC, Canada, it won best sled for the age group and kick some major A$$ going up and down the trail to the cabin. These things are a ton of fun a absolutely fly.

Here are some pics for your enjoyment!
Before!!
Before!!
PLASTIC was redone using Liquid Transfer (Dipping) from a local company. Gold Carbon Fiber Look.
PLASTIC was redone using Liquid Transfer (Dipping) from a local company. Gold Carbon Fiber Look.
HOOD FIBERGLASS REPAIRED BY BUDDY WHO DOES HOT ROD AUTO BODY WORK.
HOOD FIBERGLASS REPAIRED BY BUDDY WHO DOES HOT ROD AUTO BODY WORK.
FINISHED PRODUCT!
FINISHED PRODUCT!
KINDA LIKE THE OLD ONE MORE!!
KINDA LIKE THE OLD ONE MORE!!
ORIGINAL DECALS REALLY REFLECT THE LIGHT!!
ORIGINAL DECALS REALLY REFLECT THE LIGHT!!
DIP LOOKS GOOD!!
DIP LOOKS GOOD!!
UNDER THE HOOD!
UNDER THE HOOD!
RIPPING UP THE TRAIL IN MY RETRO GEAR!! WHAT A BLAST!!
RIPPING UP THE TRAIL IN MY RETRO GEAR!! WHAT A BLAST!!
LOOKIN GOOD AT THE JUDGING!!
LOOKIN GOOD AT THE JUDGING!!
Bob Vehring

Re: Project Sexy-Max Finally Complete!!

Post by Bob Vehring »

Care to share the cost for the dipping, damn that stuffs cool, sled looks great
rminier

Post by rminier »

I love how you did that sled! Looks really awesome.
75 Sno Jet Astro SS, 79 Kawasaki Invader 440, 82 Blizzard 9500, 83 Yamaha Vmax, 97 Ski Doo MXZ 670.
KylejSmith

Post by KylejSmith »

Thanks guys.

Bob Vehring : cost of Dipping was around $300.00 Canadian, price varies on size of the piece and amount of prep work required. They prep the plastic, then paint it with a base coat, in my case it was black, then dip it with the design you want, Gold carbon fiber in this case.

Not sure where you live, but my buddy would be happy to do any projects you may have, he has done it all from Harley's, quads, dirt bikes, trucks, gun stocks, you name it he has dipped it. Check out his website. http://www.liquidcustoms.ca/. Cool video on front page shows how its done.

his email is bobby@liquidcustoms.ca

Small to medium sized stuff could be shipped to him and then shipped back.
collinz

Post by collinz »

Looks cool. I like the new decals. I'm thinking of doing the dipping idea also since there's a shop near my place.
stoley

Post by stoley »

That thing looks sweeeet!! Love the dipped parts.