1983 yamaha vmax 540

Use this area to post pictures of your current restoration, modification, or collaboration.
emacoman

1983 yamaha vmax 540

Post by emacoman »

We received this sled with a seized motor there were bees nests and rats nests every where we unlocked the motor with a pipe wrench tore the motor down. Replaced crank bearings, new pistons and rings, cleaned everything, new coil , new throttle and choke cables, everything is all cleaned and back together was a lot of headaches and work the motor literally had rat dropping caked in it lol but it is back together still working on bugs needs cdi box and voltage regulator to run correct. seat needs to be redone. starts up if i heat up the cdi but she is getting there this is are 9th sled we have 8 running sleds lol this is are first yamaha we have ski-doo and polaris so we will see how it goes.

Vmax540

Re: 1983 yamaha vmax 540

Post by Vmax540 »

Nice talking with you, looks like you have a great start ! Keep us updated and if you need parts give me a call ! Thanks Chuck S. 814 354-2687
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
emacoman

Post by emacoman »

Thanks Chuck i appreciate it i send you the money for the cdi and the voltage regulator. Appreciate your help also thanks
emacoman

Post by emacoman »

hey chuck i sent you an email with my address to send the cdi and voltage regulator