Picks and paddles

Get your questions answered here! Also be courteous and answer any you may know. Its a give and take kinda thing, we think you'll enjoy!
Bob Vehring

Picks and paddles

Post by Bob Vehring »

Anyone remember off hand, max size they used or fit and are you measuring from the backside (inside)? of the track or the front.
Also what has anyone done for tunnel protectors?
Vmax540

Re: Picks and paddles

Post by Vmax540 »

Bob, I sent via email the whole Performance guide Yamaha put out for the Vmax in 1984. I will try to get Tyler to add it to the picture form.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Chuck, I got it but can not get it to open in either of 2 computers, simply says Fail to load, not sure why I deal with PDF's all the time
Vmax540

Post by Vmax540 »

Trail riding, on Stock track go with .750" picks is plenty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
Bob Vehring

Post by Bob Vehring »

Thanks guys, project is on hold for 10 days thought I didn't have to be at Derby track till fri now have to be there tomorrow so will take SRV and Cat 6000 this trip
Track is new Camo, 1 in lug, has 200 some 1 1/2 studs in it. I'm sure those will be too long. not sure what will fit thats longer then that lug, but still fit.
First weekend at Eagle river is Vintage, maybe I'll find someone up there thats done something before.
Why is it always way below 0 for Derby races, next weekend looks warmer for late model weekend
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

if i remember i will measure whats on my 84 this evening... i believe it is a 1inch track with 1.25" megabites and and a bunch of 1.5" studs on the outside bands...
My airbox is held on by one screw, not because Im lazy but because it is less weight!

Any questions or comments about this site itself can be directed to me at tylerochs@hotmail.com
tyler440

Post by tyler440 »

from the inside surface to the top of the lugs, my track measures .92" the studs on the outside bands measure 1.3" roughly, also from the inside of the track to the tip of the stud... your mileage may vary (aka i accept no responsibility if you order studs too long or they hit haha)